We are seeing the ripple effects of Noah (Tyler James Williams) and Aiden’s (Daniel Bonjour) deaths this week in Episode 15 (entitled Try) Season 5 of AMC’sThe Walking Dead. The whole episode feels like some sort of bad acid trip as a result:
- Deanna (Tovah Feldshuh) and the rest of the Monroe’s are grieving privately until Carol (Melissa McBride) drops off a sympathy casserole – of course, thanks toFather Gabriel’s (Seth Gilliam) little chat last week, she ain’t eating the food.
- Speaking of Carol, is it just me or are AMC dropping Carol into every scene that involves flowers?
- Daryl Dixon (Norman Reedus) seems to be only seen with Aaron (Ross Marquand) of late and from what I can gather, they are just wandering around all over the place. I think they call it ‘recruiting’… So they find a house with a light on and I get all excited that Morgan (Lennie James) might FINALLY be arriving on the scene, but, nope, it looks a little more sinister than that when walker parts are found scattered amongst the trees and then this:
- The lady above has the letter ‘W’ inscribed onto her forehead and this seems to be a common theme this week, no doubt culminating in a big reveal for the Season 5 finale next week (and I suspect it will be the big bad thing coming by way of whatever Deanna is recruiting people from the outside for).
- Glenn (Steven Yeun)
head fucksconfronts Nicholas (Michael Traynor) and they come to an uneasy understanding about what happens to rat bastards who don’t listen to Glenn. I can see the whole Nicholas character imploding at some point soon. His character lies his way through a video interview with Deanna before this and even though Deanna won’t eat Carol’s offering, she still knows her own residents and asks all the right questions. Oh, and that gun Rick (Andrew Lincoln) hid when they first came to Alexandria? Yeah, it was nasty Nick who pinched it, which makes me wonder if the guy is smarter than he appears.
- Right up until the very end of this episode, Rick does me proud by actively wading into the murk of domestic violence, even announcing that no matter how important a person is, they are never above being called out for beating on their spouse. but more on that later…
- Carl (Chandler Riggs) and Enid (Katelyn Nacon) blow the joint and end up standing inside a tree nearly K.I.S.S.I.N.G. while walkers roam past.
- Sasha (Sonequa Martin-Green) is flipping out over Noah’s death this week. Although, I think it is also a bad case of PTSD as well. Michonne (Danai Gurira)and Rosita (Christian Serratos) – who looks a lot like Tara (Alanna Masterson) when she puts more clothes on – are tracking her down and helping out no matter how much the woman says she doesn’t need it.
- Speaking of Tara – she isn’t seen in this episode but apparently she’s doing okay…
- The Rick, Jessie (Alexandra Breckenridge) and Pete (Corey Brill) triangle boils over this week even though it hasn’t even really been simmering for that long. Carol tells Rick he just needs to do Pete in, Rick nearly does when Pete bumps into him and then Rick and Deanna discuss the evict vs. eradicate dilemma in the walker age. This whole storyline culminates in Rick and Pete having an all out brawl that erupts out onto the streets of Alexandria. They are alternating between killing each other when Deanna gets through to Rick and there is a truce of sorts. By truce, I mean Rick starts monologuing about how his way is the only way until Michonne punches his lights out:
So, what did you think of Episode 15 of AMC’s The Walking Dead? How do you think it will pan out in the Season 5 finale next week? Will we ever see Morgan again? Let me know your thoughts by commenting below!
And, don’t forget, The Walking Dead Season 5 finale will run for a full 90 minutes next week! 😀
(Photo Credits: AMC)